Photograph. The Broadway Cinema opened in June 1930. It was a large cinema with seating for over 1500. The decor suggested King Arthur and Camelot with paintings of knights and castles. It closed down in 1963 and was converted to a bingo club. Few alterations were made and the building still looks very much like a cinema. According to John C. Shepherd (Southampton Cinemas, Mercia Cinema Society, 1994) it is "intact and wonderfully preserved".