Photograph. This purpose built cinema opened in 1922 on the corner of Shirley Road and Janson Road. It was originally owned by a Mr Joe Rose. It became part of the Odeon circuit in 1937, and later joined the Rank Organisation, before closing in 1960. The building is still standing and is now a furniture shop. The frontage still resembles a cinema, although the decorative coloured tiles that once adorned the upper facade have been removed. The side wall in Janson Road still bears the name of the cinema.